Slime is still the trend around these parts. A “hot topic” actually amongst my mama tribe. If anyone has a little person that is into the slime craze, you too know what I am talking about. It’s ALL THE CRAZE for these little people and for us parents, by now, it may be driving you a bit C R A Z Y. So I share this in good warning… if you’re all slimmed out this post may not be for you. BUT if you’re still hanging in there and allowing it into your home, this fun twist may be something you may want to try.
One of the biggest complaints that I have about slime is the use of food coloring. My girls LOVE using it to make up their own colors but I don’t care for it’s use for various, obvious, reasons so we’ve been trying to come up with other alternatives that give them the same satisfaction.
This weekend we worked with some dried florals and essential oils and we were pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. We mixed up a couple of different batches, trying different florals and scents. What we found was the smaller the floral and/or petal the better and mixing the florals while it’s still in liquid form helps everything come together better.
To make simply :
- Squeeze about 4 ounces of glue into a glass bowl
- Mix in 1 1/2 cups of warm water.
- Add a couple drops of essential oil (we used lavender) and sprinkle in some dried florals
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Borax into 1/2 cup of warm water and slowly add the solution to the glue mixture.
- Stir in the Borax solution until the slime starts to come together
We made a few batches for some of Kaia’s friends to gift for the holiday. Therapeutic slime without the worry!
Happy creating, friends!